Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Grammy Thoughts

The Brother of Jared
by Arnold Friberg

I am just completing another study of the Book of Ether in the Book of Mormon. I love this book. It is a very abbreviated run through of from about 2000 years of history of a people. I love how the Lord led them to a promised land. Their journey across the ocean is such a metaphor for the Plan of Salvation. I have found that the light placed in my vessel - the light of Christ has seen me through some very remarkable times. Times when the waves were massive and would crash upon me with great force but I strive to keep myself "tight like a dish" fighting to keep the things of the world that will impair my spirit out of my thoughts and life. If you have ever seen a fowl upon the water bobbing up and down in peace, you can get the meaning of that image in the book.

Another aspect of the Book of Ether that I deeply value is the exposure of "Secret Combinations."  Truly this is a book written for our day. It answers questions like "Who is behind secret combinations?" and "How do secret combinations operate?"and "What is the over arching intent behind a secret combination? and "How do those who get fooled by the lies of a secret combination get caught up in the evil of the combination?" and "Can an immoral man do good for his country?" The story of Morianton has remarkable application today.

As you may know, I am an avid reader and student of history. Over the years I have learned how these things play out again and again. After all, the battle for the souls of men and the destruction of freedom began in the pre-mortal life and will continue throughout the ages of mortal life. As I have studied scriptures and biographies of everyday men and women as well as some not so everyday men and women who have been through very difficult days, I have come to appreciate more fully the truth of my personal freedom - a freedom I have received from a loving Father in Heaven who like all good parents has dreams for his children and desires for them to achieve every good thing and for them to receive every blessing of eternity. I have learned how to navigate through rough waters appreciating there is great purpose to the rough seas. Because of my free will choice to get on board, I will be steered to the promised land. I will be strengthened and enlightened throughout my journey. The reality is that my life has been and will be tough but there is great purpose to it all. I am a learning growing daughter of God with aspirations to become truer and truer with each wave that crashes upon me.

Please read the Book of Ether and share your insights with me. Be strengthened against the deceptions and pulls of the one who seeks to take you captive. Do not fear. Be faithful. Light your vessel with a light that will not fail. As you determine to have God guide you along, you will find peace amidst the trials and challenges you will face. You will know you are never alone. You will be able to endure the sneers of those who disdain or demean your views with confidence in prayers answered and guidance received.

I love you each and every one with a depth I am not sure I can express. I have dreams for you as you make your own ways forward. I yearn for your happiness. You are in my prayers and heartfelt thoughts.

Learn about the deceptive tactics of the evil one and be on guard. I have found time and again that when there isn't a clear way forward for me, Heavenly Father will give me guidance and direction often in a way quite contrary to what I expected. I have learned to not lean on the arm of flesh (especially my own) but to rely on the Gift of the Holy Ghost which is abundantly given. Sometimes I cannot see the full distance of the path before me but there is always the next step I can take.

I cannot overcome for you but the Savior can and will be with and by you if you so choose. And you can do all good and building and meaningful growing things through Christ who will never forsake his child. He knows you. He perfectly understands your struggles. He loves you with a deeper love than is humanly possible. Take your
clear "rocks" to the Lord and let Him touch them one by one that you may cross the great deep with light. 

Lead Kindly Light
by Simon Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment